Pampering yourself at least once a month can relieve your stress and rejuvenate your body inside out. So why not indulge your equally stress-relieving sweet tooth at the same time by having a chocolate spa treatment? There are several spas and hotels nationwide that offer different spa treatments using chocolate as the main ingredient and theme. However, if you are on a budget and cannot afford to travel to the nearest chocolate spa, there are several homemade recipes you can use for your own chocolate spa treatment right in the privacy of your home.
Studies have shown that chocolates have anti-oxidants and minerals which promote good health inside out. Chocolates contain a chemical called tryptophan which gives you that heady feeling when you eat chocolates. Aside from this, chocolates contains other chemical elements that can provide you with a relaxing, feel good and giddy sensation all over whether you eat or apply chocolates on your skin. Just the smell of chocolates creates brain reactions that promote feel good sensations.
Applying chocolate spa products on your skin has several health benefits such as:
- The cocoa butter that can be extracted from cacao beans, which are used to make chocolates, is rich in fatty acids. Facial or body spa treatments with cocoa butter can provide great softening effects on your skin.
- Glycerides are ingredients which can also be found in cocoa which provide moisturizing lipids and fats. These will help plump and firm your skin.
Nowadays, there are several spas and hotels that offer different chocolate spa treatments such as facials, body treatments, body wraps, manicure, pedicure and massage. These chocolate spa treatments can provide you with:
- anti-aging benefits such as lightening or diminishing wrinkles,
- remove harmful radicals and
- leave your skin looking fresh, glowing and younger-looking.
One of the most popular places for a chocolate spa treatment is The Spa at the Hotel Hershey. Who else knows chocolate more than Hershey? They offer different types of spa treatments but of course the best one you can get is their “Everything Chocolate” experience. It includes:
- Whipped Cocoa Bath – $40 worth of 15 minutes soak into foaming chocolate milk bath for softer skin and an experience to indulge in a one of a kind Hershey chocolate experience
- Chocolate Hydrotherapy – for 25 minutes and $55 you will hydrate and moisturize your skin in a very unique way
- Chocolate Bean Polish – 30 minutes of blissful skin exfoliation using cocoa bean husks and walnut shells plus softening Cocoa Body Moisturizer prized at $65
- Chocolate Sugar Scrub – 30 minutes worth $65 of sweet chocolate scrub that can leave your skin silky smooth
- Chocolate Fondue Wrap – wrap yourself for 60 minutes with the spa’s exclusive formula made of warmed moor mud and essence of cocoa. It is $115 worth of luxurious body brushing, fondue application, body wrap for a total effect and a Vichy Shower to rinse
- Cocoa Massage – you can choose to have a 50 minute or 80 minute massage of Swedish massage using the Hershey’s chocolate scented massage oil. Prices are $100 for 50 minutes and $160 for 80 minutes.
It is so pleasant to work with experts. Click here to find out more regarding alcohol.